Timothy M. Reynolds
Download the PDF version
- Four years of experience in Android, JSON, Python, Zend, AWS, CVS, Subversion
- Three years experience iOS, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, PostgreSQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Databases: MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Mac OS Classic and X, Windows 98/2000/XP, Linux
System Administration: Apache, HAProxy, UNIX Shells/Scripting, Nagios, Wireshark, Tripwire, MONyog, SysBench
Advanced Computer Coursework:
SFSU Multimedia Studies Program – Winter 2000
- Web Design – The course covered topics such as visual design, information design, graphic production, color theory, typography, and the production process.
UC Berkeley Extension – Spring 2001
Introduction To Java – Learned the fundamentals of Java programming. Topics included compiling and running programs from the command line, polymorphism, inheritance, exception handling, and programming theory.
University of Illinois Web Programming Certificate – Fall 2003
- Introduction to XML – Learned the syntax and formatting for XML. Learned the differences between XML and HTML. Utilized elements, attributes, Document Type Definitions in data processing projects. Performed XSL and XML transformations.
University of Illinois System Administration Certificate (Unix/Linux) – May 2003 – Present
- A comprehensive 4-course series that taught advanced system administration skills. Through interactive lessons I setup up network services such as DNS, implemented access control, configured Apache, and utilized Unix utilities such as pine, and ifconfig. I also learned about the fundamentals of networking by learning about the OSI model.
Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY B.A. History – minor in Anthropology
Familybuilder.com New York, NY – January 2010 – Present
Lead Android/LAMP Developer
- Lead Android programmer for LiveFamily app that leverages facebook api and marketing.
- Top 50 Android Social app in Google Marketplace, 250,000+ active users, 500,000+ downloads
- Developed REST based API to support mobile environments ( iOS and Android )
- Collaborated with Project Managers and Designers in integrating graphic designs/page content into Android and Web interfaces following project navigation guidelines and functional specifications.
ercdataplus.com, South Norwalk, CT – January 2006 – July 2010
LAMP Developer & Analyst
- Project utilized PHP 5 ( Object Oriented design), MySQL, CSS, XML, and Linux
- Administered three tier web development environment, consisting of Developement, QA, and Production LAMP based servers
- Implemented the SELinux security framework, and performed other security related tasks such as chroots, monitoring logs, and performing penetration testing.
- Performed extensive programming for the company’s Selectech 6 web based applicant tracking system
- Specific features implemented included an offer letter application for HR personnel and a extensive payroll export system that provided automatic import to the ADP payroll system
metro212.com, New York, NY – Spring 2005 – Present
LAMP Developer and Administrator
- Project utilized MySQL, PHP, Perl, CSS, and Linux.
- Created and administered a local development environment with fedora core 3 using the LAMP model.
- Worked with a team of developers to make the existing code base more secure, scalable, and efficient.
- Managed and created a variety of features that included classified ads, error reporting, user login and account preferences.
Lang’s Sporting Collectables Waterville, NY – June 2005 – August 2005
- Created a secure absentee ballot bid form which included the encryption of relevant data.
- The form included intuitive validation checks in order to capture all pertinent data.
- An administrative interface was included to allow for the management of submissions and also provided e-mail notification for new entries.
- This project was developed utilizing MySQL, PHP, and SSL.
Amatos, Portland, ME – March 2005 – May 2005
- Created an Extranet web application for corporate, franchise, and administrative entities that allowed for access to media files, artwork, and collateral material.
- An administrative interface was setup for creating user accounts, which included a username, password, and email address.
- In addition an admin interface was created for uploading/editing media and artwork files.
- A login form was created on the home page to allow qualified users to access the extranet.
- The site was created using PHP, CSS, HTML, and PostgreSQL.
Montara Creative Group, Sonoma, CA – November 2003 – February 2005
Web Developer and Server Administrator
- Setup Mac OS X Server.
- Installed, configured and maintained Apache Web Server, Postfix Mail System, and SFTP server.
Children’s Progress, New York, NY – August – October 2003
- Collaborated with Project Manager on a interactive learning/analysis tool for child development.
- Created Flash animations by incorporating text and images.
- Implemented action scripting and XML in order to provide a back end framework for the projects interactivity.
- This application was built using Unix Shell, Flash and XML.